Our client company is a local collectible product designer and manufacturer recognized in the global scene. Due to expansion, it has an immediate requirement for new candidates who’s in the collectible toy and entertainment industry to join the team in Singapore as a Senior Product Developer.
The ideal candidate should possess the necessary skills and experience to lead a team of fellow product developers, to drive the company’s strategic directions. Strong communication skill is crucial, for both internal and external exchanges.
- You will be responsible for all product developments from prototyping through to the finished product in the toys & collectibles category
- Manages the product creation process from initial concept through to commercialization and production for assigned models to lead to on time delivery and development according to critical dates, product specification, sustainability and profitability goals
- Strong use of your fit & technical knowledge as well as creative interpretations.
- Play a pivotal role in perfecting our products — from bringing design ideas to life, working crossfunctionally with our Design, Sales & Marketing, Licensing and Logistics departments as well as and manufacturing partners to effectively execute on product development goals and deliverables
- Mentor Product Developers & Junior Product Developers
- Guide the Product Development team in the execution of design and production intent from initial development through mass production, as well as show them how to own and drive development, problem-solve and communicate effectively
- Track and facilitate sampling and prototyping for products; identify and address key issues and challenges in production/assembly and plans accordingly to deliver high quality products.
- Monitor and communicate progress and challenge throughout the product testing process to meet product integrity requirements
- Internal leader in product development (toys & collectibles), heading highly complex models and new product introductions
- Driving industry bench-marking studies for the brand when seeking improvements for our product
- Improving our internal processes and systems for the entire production line
- Tracking and managing workflow, ensuring deadlines are met and prioritizing workload for the team • Providing a high level of technical problem-solving
- Partnering with Design Team to offer options and solution to meet design intent and margin targets
- Approving samples to proceed to the production phase after thorough evaluation
- Bachelor and minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
- Engineering, Manufacturing, or Materials focus preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of toy/consumer products (plastics) production, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Build strong relationship and trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Expert understanding of production calendar and the purpose and expectations of each key gate
- Must be a team player
- Has excellent organisational and follow-up skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to coach and mentor teammates
- Ability to draft clear and concise written communication
- Strong influencing skills and ability to champion complex projects both cross-functionally and vertically within the organization
- Knowledge of how supply chain works, and the process different functions go through during the product creation cycle.
- Work location near Tai Seng MRT
- Salary negotiable
Interested candidates are invited to send in your Resume in MS Word Format* stating your past work experience, reasons for each leave, past and expected remuneration. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
By submitting an application to us, you will be deemed to have agreed for us to collect, use, and disclose your personal data which you have submitted to your prospective employers, for the purpose of job search, and/or other services which you have consented us to perform on your behalf.
EA License Number: 19C9782
EA Personnel Number: R1101820 (ANG Kong Way)