We are looking for an innovative Solution Architect to develop and implement systems architecture that will meet business needs. Based in Kuala Lumpur, the Solution Architect’s responsibilities include gathering requirements and functional specifications, assessing the current software systems in place in order to identify areas in need of improvement, and guide development teams. You should also be able to regularly update the company on any developments in systems architecture projects.
To be successful as a Solution Architect, you should be able to integrate any updated specifications and requirements into the systems architecture. An outstanding Solution Architect should be able to explain complex problems to management in layman’s terms.
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs.
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Support in-house development of Product Roadmap, align with architecture requirement.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Informing various stakeholders about any problems with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact that certain technical choices have.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- At least 8 years of experience in software engineering and software architecture design.
- Good experience in Big Data and Data Analytics framework and architecture design.
- Experience in data integration and data processing tools & technologies such as Talend, SSIS, Apache Kafka, Apache Spark,etc.
- Experience in building Big Data visualisation application and dashboard.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Well-versed in software engineering principles such as Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL database such as MongoDB, Cassandra.
- Exposure to new technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics is desired.
- Experience working with version control systems such as SVN and Git.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong self-development and self-discipline attributes.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Follow through to completion of tasks in a timely manner with quality in mind.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet due dates.
- Proactive self-starter who takes ownership and works well independently and as part of a team.
- Based in Kuala Lumpur
- 5 day work week
- Remuneration: +/-RM17,000 per month (Negotiable)
Interested candidates are invited to send in your Resume in MS Word Format* stating your past work experience, reasons for each leave, past and expected remuneration.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. By submitting an application to us, you will be deemed to have agreed for us to collect, use, and disclose your personal data which you have submitted to your prospective employers, for the purpose of job search, and/or other services which you have consented us to perform on your behalf.