The Three Kingdoms (三国) era was a period of turmoil and bloodshed for China, with frequent infighting between warlords plunging China into a perpetual state of chaos. However, the ravages of war bore witness to the emergence of heroes and great leaders aplenty, many of whom have been worshipped for generations ever since, for displaying unwavering loyalty, incredible bravery and tactical ingenuity in defending their land. The tripartite (三分为: 曹魏, 东吴, 蜀汉) struggle for hegemony over ancient China ultimately showcased a keenly contested battle of wits, wills and supreme leadership skills. How do we apply the Three Kingdoms’ Leadership in Today’s Context?
This 2 days workshop approaches the concept of leadership from the valuable insights gained from both the novel, Romance of the Three Kingdoms (三国演义) and the “Records of the Three Kingdoms’ (三国志). You will have the opportunity to retrospectively pick the brains of the great leaders Cao Cao(曹操), Sun Quan(孙权), Liu Bei (刘备) and Zhuge Liang(诸葛亮), and complete a profiling exercise which will show which of the four leaders’ leadership style you leaned towards the most.
By the end of the course, participants would be able to:
- Recognize the core leadership styles of the 3 Kingdoms’ leaders
- Draw parallels between 3 Kingdoms and modern leadership styles
- Gain practical tips on the strategic application of the 3 Kingdoms’ leadership and management skills in your own organization and daily life
- Realize the importance of succession planning
- Romance of the Three Kingdoms (三国演义) vs Records of the Three Kingdoms (三国志)
- History in Brief
- Leaders are the Core of Every Organization’s Management Team
- Leaders’ Strategic Thinking and Risk Aptitude Affect the Growth of a Team
- Delegating Effectively as a Leader (Right person for right task)
- Developing Great Leadership Skills
Judging Situational Circumstances When Planning for Succession
July – August 2020
$1,284.00 per participant (Inc. GST)
UTAP Fundings Available.
Register your interest now!
Leave a Reply